Monday, May 23, 2011

Warm Weather and Getting Caught in a Hail Storm....

 Yesterday was such a beautiful day.
After a late night of being with some friends and sleeping in till the last minute and getting up for Church, My Darling and I spent the whole day together. After church we met up with my dear friend and her little girl for lunch and hung out for a long time. Then after lunch my darling and I went to the store to get me a pair of sunglasses (so my contacts would not melt to my eyes in the Hot Sun) and some sun screen. Then we went for a walk on the bike path.
 As we were walking and talking, I noticed that the air was getting a bit cooler and I heard some Thunder in the distance. I saw the dark sky ahead but I felt we had time to walk to the end of the path and walk back to the car. I was Wrong!!
 We get half way down the trail, (it's about a 5 mile trail maybe...) and the lightning started. I picked up the pace. Then I felt some rain drops, I went faster. Then it started pouring!! I jogged (all the while my darling was saying that it was such a bad idea going to the end of the trail! It kind of was...) Then out of no where, I get hit right smack dab between the eyes with a marble sized hail ball and I ran for it. kicked off my flip flops and sprinted for the car.
 Well I'm not the best runner, I'm a bit out of shape, and the car kept getting further and further away. By the time we get to the car we where soaked! I could not catch my breath and we were covered with welts and bruises because of the storm!! But thinking on it now, it was kind of fun. It's a story we can tell every one at our wedding. :)
 Well it rained and stormed off and on for a while and we were so tired.
After dinner we decided to watch a movie. But as soon as I laid my head down I was fast asleep. And did not wake up until my darling woke me up this morning to tell me that he had to go home and do home work. But even then I did not get up. I didn't get up until 10:30am. I jumped in the shower, made some coffee, got some cool, ready to work in clothes on, and drank my coffee.
 Oh, my legs are sore. I'm still a bit tired. And yet, I'm ready to do what ever God gives me to do. (I just hope a little that it's easy and does not make me more sore. ^_^)
 I can still see where the hail hit me last night. But again it was fun.
Well now the weather is warm and the wind is just cool enough, and I may just go for a walk or bike ride to stretch my legs a bit. Then check with my friend and co-worker to see when I work Wednesday.
 The garden looks so nice. And momma, daddy, and sis planted lots of corn and green beans and gourds in the big garden. I can't wait to see them sprout. :)
 I also have to build my garden box and plant my flowers and what not.
So,

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.” Irish Blessing.


With Prayers, Happy Thoughts, & Blessings,
 ~*Caitlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment