HOGIE STEAK SANDWICHES! (just like you get at the fair!)
- You will need; 1 large onion
- 2-3 Peppers in any color you like (the red orange and yellow ones were on sale)
- 1 Pack of White Mushrooms
- Lots of Butter
- Salt, Pepper, and Seasoned salt (can opt out the seasoned salt or keep it and get rid of salt.)
- 2-3 Lbs of Cubed Steak
- Worcestershire sauce
- French rolls, or home made rolls.
- In an Iron Skillet, Saute the Onions and Peppers and Mushrooms in 2T. Butter. As they saute,
- Cut the Steak into 1" Strips, and season with salt, pepper, and seasoned salt, set aside.
- After peppers, onions, and mushrooms are done, Add 2T. Butter to skillet and brown.
- Add Steak strips to skillet. Let sit for 1 min or longer (DO NOT STIR) until browned. Then Flip and Repeat until the steak is cooked through.
- Add Veggies, and Sauce.
- In Same Skillet (after everything is removed) Butter Rolls on one side and Toast.
Pile High, Add some Tomato and Mayo and Pickles and You got your self one heck of a great
Hogie Steak Sandwich!
You will need:
- 4C. Dry Elbow Macaroni
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1/4 C. (1/2 stick) Butter
- 1/4 C. Flour
- 2 1/2 C. Milk
- 1lb Cheddar Cheese (I used a whole pack of shredded, 2 C.)
- 1/2 t. Salt, seasoned salt and pepper. (or to taste)
- Cook Macaroni. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan on Med-Med High heat, melt butter, and sprinkle in flour, Whisk Together and cook 5 mins. WHISK CONSTANTLY! Don't Let It Burn!
- Pour in Milk, whisk until it's smooth, WHISK CONSTANTLY!! Cook 5 mins. reduce heat to Low.
- To tempura egg, slowly add 1/4 of sauce whisking constantly until smooth then add egg to sauce pan. Whisk until smooth. Then Add Salt and Pepper and Seasoned Salt to taste.
- Butter a baking dish, add pasta, then add sauce on top. Stir together. Add Cheese, mix in.
- Bake 350* for 20-25 mins, or until cheese is melted and kind of crusty on top.