Wednesday, January 04, 2012

When Things Go Bad, Do Something Good!

 Well sense it's the new year, I've decided to do a little self challenge.
Last month I was hit pretty hard when I looked at my bank statement and saw that I had an over draft! I was so upset with myself. All that money and not much to show for it!! An outrage!!!!!
 So as soon as I could I set up an Excel sheet to keep track of my spending, a page for my Checking (to see when, where, and how much is coming from checking) a page for Savings, and a page for Spending in general.
 So far so good. I really needed some food this month so I went shopping for only stuff I could make then freeze or keep eating on all week. Something momma taught me to help save money! I've not had a chance to make anything yet, but as soon as I do I'll keep a record of that too.
 So my challenge is.....
Only Spend Money On:

  1. Food
  2. Gas
  3. Rent/Bills
  4. Personal Stuff. (Bathroom things, cleaning supplies and the like)
for the next 3-4 months. 

 I want to see if I can make a habit for myself. See if, after the deadline, I can walk in to a store and only buy what I need. 
  I have a budget for myself as well. Only $70.-$80 a month for the 1, 2 & 4 items listed. I will try to not go over that. Once I can master my spending a bit more then I'll take my budget down to $60-$70 a month. I'm leaving the Rent/Bills out of my budget for now until I see how much my bills average. Then I'll take the highest amount I've paid and then make a budget for that as well! That's something else my momma told/taught me!!
 This will also help so much with the Wedding planing. I'll make another page in my budget excel for the Wedding!
 Oh.... Life can be so hard sometimes, but you know...... If not for the hard times, we wouldn't know how the Thank God for the good times. We can't have good with out the bad.  I know sometimes my family and I feel like we have more bad times than good, but I think if we look at it this way, if we didn't have the bad times we wouldn't know what works and what doesn't around the house and farm, then we would just be one big ol' mess!!!
 So I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing. :) Happy New Year and Many Blessings.
~*Caitlynn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment