Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baking.....

 Yesterday I made some Muffins.
I used the recipe my Momma printed up for me for my hope chest. I have it taped to my kitchen cabinet so I can use it over and over again with out having to flip through so many pages of my cook book.
 The recipe called for 1/4 C. Oil, but I had heard that you can substitute apple sauce for oil. So I gave it a try....


I used a can of Home Made Apple Sauce that I got from Momma's kitchen.....


Put it in a measuring cup and gave it a little mush and plopped it in the batter.... Mixed it all up and put about a Table Spoon of batter in to each Mini Pan Cup......  


They Baked so nice!! Only 10 minutes and they were done to perfection. 


I loved how they rose out of the cups. So neat...


The batter made about 42 Muffins... (the ones with the brown spots...That's cinnamon!!)


I like making mini muffins because they are just the right size for snacking,


And they are soooooo Yummy!!!!


Well that was my baking adventure for the day. I'll be taking the muffins to work with me to snack on and maybe have a few for breakfast with my coffee.

 Many Warm Thoughts and Blessings.
~*Caitlynn

1 comment: