Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Freezer Cooking....

Married for 1 year 10 months and 20 days, I'm still trying to figure out a good grocery budget for me and my husband. He needs lunch at work, then a good dinner after. I eat after work, and then just snack the rest of the day. My husband eats A LOT! He is like a bottomless pit, like he has never had a meal before and will never have one again. I kind of get at him about eating like that, but like always, it goes in one ear and out the other. ;)
 Well, sense we moved money has been a bit tighter than normal. So I'm trying to stock up and some freezer meals. Just small ones that have a lot in them to keep my vacuum cleaner satisfied.
 I found some good ideas on pinterest, and of course, Momma!! (Freezer Cooking, Happy To Be Home)
So this week I'm going to try to make a bunch of meals and snacks for the freezer, I went shopping yesterday and got $100. worth of food. Now momma said that on a website she found a family lives on $100. per person, per week. Now... as much as I love that idea, I think here it will have to be $200. per person, per week. Haha.
 I got alot of frozen vegetables, and cheese, and butter. And, soft tortillas. Have you seen the commercials for the new Taco Bell breakfast with the egg, sausage and cheese burritos? Well i want to make lots of those. Also just regular burritos. I'll make some mini pizzas, mini meat loafs, chicken pot pies, Lots of mini stuff. Stuff that will fit in a lunch box, heat up in the microwave, and can be eaten in a hurry.
 I've made stuff like this before, and it was fun and made me feel good to open the freezer and see all these meals just waiting. I also want to make some crock pot meals. Chicken and rice, soups, stews, pasta, all of it!!

 Well, sense I haven't started cooking yet, that's tonight and the rest of the week, Here are some ideas I found on pinterest that will be my starting point.




























Many Blessings,
 ~*Arielle Caitlynn*~

No comments:

Post a Comment