Thursday, April 11, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons...

 You make do... (me)

I found this little picture today, and it just kind of made my day.

Pinterest Photo
I have been trying to teach myself to sew my own clothes. I am finding lots of good ideas and patterns from other blogs on Pinterest and I'm just trying my hand at everything. I really want to make more skirt and dresses, but Now I really would like to try to maybe make some pants and tops too.

 My Darling and I are trying to save as much money as we can, so that's why I'm trying to make my own clothes. I'm mending and sewing and knitting and crocheting like crazy! I'm also thinking about making and selling some of my home made Coffee Sleeves at a store in my hometown where my Momma sells her soap and other crafts. I just need to get some made up and e-mail the stores owner. :)

 Not a whole lot has been going on in my life as far as exciting or life changing. The weather has been in the low to mid 70's this week. Yesterday I could have guessed it to be in the 80's it was so hot. And I was in a skirt (nice and flowy and knee length) and a tank top with a little shoulder cover and sandals. I was very warm by the time I got to work. Today how ever, it's raining and chilly. But it's better than snow I guess.

 This past weekend I got to go visit with my family. My little sister was sick over Easter, so it was nice to see her up and about and cleaning the cow pin. ;)
 This weekend I'm going back to help in the garden and just relax.

 I haven't been cooking much, but today I think I'll make some fish with some stir fried vegetables and a cup cake or two for dessert.

Rachel Ray Tilapia - 1 cup grated parmasean, 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp lemon pepper / garlic salt, 1 Tbs parsley, dash red pepper flakes Coat fish with olive oil and cover in cheese mixture, bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes until fish is white in middle



Cup Cakes For Two- for when you just don't need a bunch of sweets laying around - 1 egg white, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 cup flour 1/4 heaped teaspoon baking powder, pinch of salt, 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
I think this will be a very good lunch to have while watching a movie and crocheting.

 Hope you are having a wonderful day whom ever you are.

Many Blessings,

~*Arielle*Caitlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment