Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A wise man once said.....

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”... 
 And also...
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
 That wise man is one of my favorite authors, a great poet, and wonderful teacher. That wise man taught me to read my first book, and opened my mind to things unseen. This man showed me that you are never too young to know the goings on's in this world and not be too terribly bothered by it. He gave me an imagination to share with the world. He also taught me to be who I am, nothing more nothing less. That great and wise man was the wonderful.....

DR. SEUSS! (Google Image)
 Today my little sister, momma and I were in momma's room. Momma wanted me to pick out an outfit for her because and I quote, "You come up with some of the neatest outfits." So I did. I picked out a skirt, and a top and some shoes. I lay them out on the bed and said 'There ya go!' Momma put on the skirt, then looked at the shirt I picked and the shoes. Then she said, "What about this shirt?" 'Sure why not.' So momma puts on the shirt. Then she puts on her very cute brown high heeled shoes and asks me if they match. I said 'yes, they go very well with the skirt!' So she decided that if she needed to go into town she would wear the heels, but in the house she would wear her brown flats.
 But as mom got ready for the day, sis and I sat on her bed and just talked to each other and momma, and we were all talking about how we can't wear certain things, and wish we could wear this, and not have to wear that. How we wished we looked different. At the moment as I think back at that, I picture the "Sneetches"
Google Image.
If you don't know the story here's what it is about.
..."The Sneetches is about the starbelly Sneetches and the plain belly Sneetches. The Star Belly Sneetches were proud and walked right by the plain belly sneetches without saying a word to them. Then one day the scam artist Sylvester McMonkey McBean came to the beach. He was planning on scamming the Sneetches with the star belly on and star belly off machines. When the plain belly sneetches went into starbelly on machine they got stars on their bellies just like the starbelly Sneetches. When the starbelly Sneetches saw that the plain belly sneetches had stars they were very mad. So after that the starbelly Sneetches which were once plainbelly went from star belly too no starbelly. They kept going back and forth and back until all their money was all gone. They did not know who was who. Then all the Sneetches started too respect everyone on the beach even if they had stars or no stars...." (from the website  library.thinkquest. )
To know why Dr. Seuss wrote this book click on the link below.....

 This is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books. Because everyone got so caught up on trying to look like, or look better than the other that they had to learn the hard way that we are all the same. 
 So this morning reminded me of this book, because as we were talking, momma said that we should stop talking down about ourselves, and just be who God created us to be. (1 Cor. 15:10)
 I was proud of momma. I always try to live my life like that. I don't care what think. I wear what I want to wear. When I went to school for ECE, I had to wear a uniform to class everyday. But Fridays were the days I didn't so I would go to school in a skirt. Almost all the girls in the class would talk behind my back and call me some odd names because of it. But I didn't care. I wanted to wear a skirt. I didn't want to fit in and wear the kind of clothes they did, the kind of clothes that should only be worn on your honeymoon, or under your normal clothes as under garments. That's not who "I" am! I don't judge people by what they wear. I understand the people who can't wear whats in fashion, because I don't. I don't have the money or the body to wear what the super models wear. I'm not comfortable in those clothes either. So I wear what I want, and feel comfortable in. I get my clothes off the sales racks or from the thrift store. Or as hand me downs or yard sales. I like finding clothes in those places. You can find some really nice things. All of the dresses I have worn to Waltz evenings, dances and symphonies, besides two or three store bought(sales) or borrowed, have come from the thrift store or yard sale. And here's the thing, NO ONE HAS TO KNOW!! So there!! I can look very pretty and still have money in my savings!
 I also find some very nice things to wear any other day too. Things like.... 


This Pink Shirt!! It's just SO cute. And just the right size, style and price for me!! I got it for only $1.00!!! The jeans were on sale for $10.00 but they are very good jeans and I've had them for forever!















Another nice outfit I have would be...


This very nice Dress! It hits me just above the knee, but it's not too short. I wear leggings with it just to make sure.





















Another cute outfit I have put together recently would be.....

The Shirt I had originally bought for momma, but she gave it back. So I will hold onto it until she would like to have it again. It's way too short to wear as a dress, or with leggings if that. But I do wear it with my only pair of skinny jeans (thrift store) and a pair of brown flats (sale) or my favorite slouchy brown boots (sale). 

And with a belt that my older sister gave me a long time ago! 
Yes those are cats printed on the shirt. :)
So you see. You can find the nicest things at the thrift store. 
                                                        “You are you. Now, isn't that pleasant?” Dr. Seuss
I don't care if people look down on me for wearing thrift store clothes. I just don't. One Sunday though, my Pastor made a comment in the sermon, "What people think or say about you does not matter. But sometimes it could be what God thinks or is saying about you." And what he meant by that is, don't listen to what people say or think about you if it's just something silly, like me at school wearing a skirt. But if they are talking about how you act or treat people, then maybe you should take that to heart and pray about it.
 I try to be nice to people. But I find that it's very hard. People now-a-days are just plane rude. They say very mean things to you to your face. They make fun of you by what you wear, how you talk, and just who you are. And it's so hard to find a decent nice person. I was fortunate to find some friends who don't judge me and my family by what we wear, where we live, or who we are. Our families are very similar in almost every way. We all get our clothes off sales racks and thrift stores, we homeschool, we live on hobby farms, and we don't have a whole lot of money. Just enough to get by. And I don't mind, because they don't mind. We are all content with what we have, and we thank God every day for the little things.
 I am who I am. And if people don't like that then they are no friends of mine. There is a quote that a friend of mine at camp  used at one of our campfires. He said, "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." That quote pretty much sums up my life. If you don't like me for who I am... A God fearing, bare foot, thrift store wearing, farm girl.... then you can be on your way. I don't want to change who I am just so people will like me. I didn't even change who I am for my fiancée. Because I figure if he does not love me for who I am, then he would not have asked me to marry him!!
 I figure if God made me this way, why change? If Jesus loves me, then that is enough.
So my dear friend I leave you with this little piece of advice, God made you who you are, So embrace yourself, and do what you want and what you were meant to be because.....“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”... 

 With Love, Prayers, Warm Thoughts, and Blessings.
The One and Only.....
 ~*Caitlynn*~

No comments:

Post a Comment